Climate services are the translation of climate-related data into specific and usable products that are of use for society. Within Blue-Action, we have developed five case studies that showcase the potential breadth of uses of the climate science we produce.
All our climate services are co-designed between our scientific team and the end-users to create a relevant output that can assist decision-making within the sector or business. We have also produced a study on use of climate information, working directly with communities to maximise the impact of the climate science outputs.
A general introduction to all our case studies can be downloaded here: https://www.zenodo.org/record/3433776#.Xlzr_6j7SM9.
For more information on each of the case studies, please see:
- Winter tourism centers in Northern Finland
- Temperature-related human mortality in European regions
- Extreme weather risks to maritime activities
- Climate services for marine fisheries
- Yamal 2040: Scenarios for the Russian Arctic